This weekend (17th-18th November), we’ll be attending Thought Bubble in Leeds. If you haven’t been before, this is a fun, inclusive and generally excellent comic convention (if you have been before, you know this already). The full programme of events is available here. It’s going to be awesome.
We’ll be at tables 62-66 in New Dock Hall, where the following sparkling guests will be signing and sketching throughout the weekend for your pleasure:
- Glyn Dillon (The Nao of Brown): all day Saturday, all day Sunday.
- Frederick Peeters (Pachyderme, Sandcastle): all day Saturday, until 1pm Sunday.
- INJ Culbard (Deadbeats, At the Mountains of Madness, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Lovecraft Anthology Vol 1 and more): all day Saturday, all day Sunday.
- JAKe (Hellraisers): Saturday 2-4pm, Sunday 12-2pm.
- Chris Lackey (Deadbeats, The Lovecraft Anthology Vol 2): all day Saturday only.
- Rob Davis (Don Quixote Vol 1, The Lovecraft Anthology Vol 1): all day Saturday only.
Speaking of Rob, we’ll be keeping our fingers firmly crossed for him at the inaugural British Comic Awards on Saturday night, where his Don Quixote Vol 1 is nominated in the ‘Best Book’ category. Good luck, Rob! And congratulations to everyone involved – it’s been a wonderful year for comics in the UK.
As last year, we’re also running a drop-in portfolio review at our tables on both days of the weekend – turn up any time, and we’ll take a look. Publisher Emma Hayley and our editors and creators will be on hand to give advice on portfolios, scout for new talent and hear your pitches. Please bear with us if the tables are busy when you arrive – we’ll try to get to everyone as soon as we can!
Finally, a quick reminder that Glyn Dillon’s FROGSLEGS vinyl toy will be available at the exclusively reduced price of £29.99 for the whole weekend. Make sure to pick one up while stocks last.
We look forward to seeing you there.