GONZO – a graphic biography of Hunter S. Thompson is published this Thursday and we’re having a launch to celebrate it. In fact, if you’d like to come along, you probably can, space permitting! But we’ve almost reached capacity at the London Print Studio, so RSVP here!
At the launch we’ll be serving a punishing “GONZO punch” alongside some other lovely drinks and nibbles. GONZO‘s author – Will Bingley – will be signing alongside GONZO artist – Anthony Hope-Smith – who’ll sketch in each copy. You’ll also receive a sheet of illustrated GONZO wrapping paper with each copy bought. We’ve also got some original artwork from the book on display!
If you can’t make it to our launch party – for want of snow, sleet or black ice – then you’ll be able to pick up a double-signed copy of GONZO – while stocks last – at the following retailers. Pre-ordering is advisable though to avoid disappointment around the Christmas tree.
It is often said that ‘the best things in life are free’ and we have something special to give away, as we enter the festive season. We’ve put aside a first edition, double-signed copy of GONZO with a sketch of Hunter S. Thompson jumping into a martini-glass in the front AND a sheet of exclusive GONZO wrapping paper.
How do you get you hands on this bundle of festival SelfMadeHero-shaped joy? I hear you ask. Just tweet this message:
“No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride” @SelfMadeHero’s #GONZO out 02/12/10 http://bit.ly/graphbiog
We’ll pick a winner at random from all entries on Friday 3rd December and announce it on Twitter @SelfMadeHero.
1) You can enter more than once, but if you enter more than ten times we’ll discount those entries above that level.
2) You don’t have to follow @SelfMadeHero to Twitter to enter, but why not follow us!?
3) If you’re not on Twitter. That’s fine, you can post the message on to our Facebook Wall and you will be entered into the draw.
4) If you hate Facebook, just send us a postcard with that phrase on it to 5 Upper Wimpole Street, London, W1G 6BP. Just make sure it gets here by the closing date.
5) The closing date is midnight on 2nd December
6) There is no cash alternative
7) You don’t have to live in the UK to enter
That is all…